RULES and LEGAL ISSUES
The fine print.
Rules and legal issues
The word 'riders' applies to motorcycles side by side, quad bikes and mountain bikes. ‘Drivers’ applies to all other four wheeled vehicles.
- Riders must wear an approved motorcycle helmet when riding
- All riders/drivers must attend the riders/drivers briefing
- Riders must not exceed first gear (under 10km/h) when in the camping area
- No deliberate ramming, blocking or intentional contact with another rider/driver
- All officials must be obeyed. Their decision is final
- Never ride against the arrows, i.e. never go backwards on the course
- Stay within five metres of the arrows/designated course
- Do not touch exploded or unexploded ordnance in the Waiouru military training area
- Riders/drivers participate in the event at their own risk. No responsibility or liability is accepted by the New Zealand Defence Force, Offlimits or any employees or volunteers of these organisations
- All riders/drivers must have registered and signed the waiver form before being permitted onto the tracks
- Riders/drivers are to render assistance to injured riders discovered on the course and report the injury to an official as soon as possible
- Only use the trails during the hours authorised
- Stay left at all times, especially on two-way roads
- Obey all speed limits, especially within the military compound
- Do not litter. Tear offs are not permitted
- Consumption of illegal drugs is not permitted and will result in immediate removal from the activity
- Consumption of alcohol is only permitted within the designated locations. Drinking must be in moderation. Drinking within eight hours of riding/driving , is not permitted
- All participants are to enter the training area with sufficient equipment to repair their bikes/vehicles and to handle inclement weather including snow and zero degree temperatures
- If you break down, push your bike to the side of the track and stay with your bike. Wait for event staff or send another rider for assistance. A recovery vehicle will be despatched when available. Vehicles are to remain where you have broken down – we will come to assist.