PAYMENT and REFUNDS
How to pay and when you can ask for it back.
Most of our events require pre-entry (for Tussock Buster and Tussock Adventure, entry can be on the day).
The preferred payment is via direct payment to the Offlimits Trust bank account by credit card or internet banking. Once you have completed your entry details please make sure that you scroll to the bottom of each page to go to the next step. This will take you to the checkout, please click the option of 'Payment express/credit card, internet banking or EFTPOS'. Prices and payment are in NZ dollars only and are inclusive of GST (unless specifically stated as being exclusive of GST).
The Waiouru military training area is Defence Force property and the military has total discretion to cancel public events. Cancellation will be a last resort and, where available, an event may be modified by date or to utilise different parts of the training area. Events could potentially be cancelled or modified due to the following:
- Military training requirements.
- Change in Army and Defence Force policy relating to permitting public access to the Waiouru military training area.
- Severe fire risk.
- Severe weather conditions that could cause danger to participants.
- Volcanic, seismic or lahar activity from nearby Tongariro National Park and its associated dangers.
The refund policy is as follows:
- Event cancellation. If the event is cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled start date (deemed to be 0700 hours on the first day of the event), then no refund is payable. If the event is cancelled and not postponed or rescheduled more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled start date, then a 40% refund will be provided.
- If a registered participant has to cancel more than 14 days prior to the scheduled start date, then a flat fee of $50 will be deducted and the remainder of the entry fee will be refunded. In the case where the entry fee paid is lower than $125, then the cancelation fee will be 40% of the amount paid.
- Participant cancellation less than 14 days before the event. If a registered participant that has paid for accomodation and rations cancels 14 days or less prior to the scheduled start date, then the refund will be the registration fee less a flat fee of $150 per registrant deducted and $100 for every subsequent person under that registration. For registrants that have registered for an event without accommodation and rations then the late cancellation fee will be $75 per registration, 60% of the registration fee if the registration fee was $125 or less.
- Event postponement or modification. If the event has to be postponed or modified in any way due to any reason including change of date, then no refunds are payable.
- Once an event has commenced, no refunds are payable if the event has to be shortened for any reason or the participant becomes injured or his/her equipment fails.