OPERATION STIRLING – 4X4 TOUR SUMMER EVENT
December 1 @ 12:00 am - December 2 @ 11:59 pm
Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd December 2018
Registrations will open at 4pm on 12th September 2018
Operation Stirling is named after David Stirling, the legendary leader of the SAS and leader of daring vehicle mounted raids deep in the deserts of North Africa during World War II. This event will be two days of exploring the truly unique landscape that Waiouru has to offer.
The dates shown are confirmed and subject always to NZ Army requirements regarding Army activities. All bookings must be made online. This guided tour is strictly limited in numbers and bookings are on a first received basis.
Accommodation and meals
There will be two options available:
- Barrack accommodation and meals: You sleep in Army barracks on Friday and Saturday night, plus receive Army cooked meals on Saturday and Sunday morning and a cooked meal on Friday and Saturday night. You will be provided with a cut lunch for Saturday and Sunday.
- Self-catering and camping: On the Sports ground just down the side road from the Army Museum and provide all your own meals. Showers and toilets will be supplied. Or you can arrange your own off site accommodation
- Club Trucks – These trucks are kitted out for serious off road use and can handle all (most) types of Terrain. This group will go places and do things that are are best suited to club trucks
- Adventure group – For some time now there has been quite a group of people who don’t quite fit the Club truck group but are more adventurous than Dull Shineys. This group will fill that gap.
- Dull Shineys – This group will enjoy some off road experiences that could pass through tracks with scrub that could perhaps make the odd paint scratch. We will take you to places that are definitely off road and fun but not too adventurous as deep water holes etc.
- Shineys – You like the outdoors and the back country but its your every day vehicle and you don’t want to scratch the paint work or get seriously stuck. In the training area there are over 400Kms of tracks and gravel roads. We will find plenty of places that will extend you but keep you relatively safe
Some of what you get
Offlimits is a charitable trust and our mission is to raise money to support the health and welfare of servicemen and women. Pricing includes:
- Guides for all groups
- Radio communication between groups
- Medical support
- Access to the land
- Toilets and showers at the rugby club grounds
- Access to theMess club bar and facilities.
- Full accommodation and Food or stay offsite option
Operation Stirling prices are $375 per driver and vehicle and $170 per passenger for the fully accommodated and catered option. Subsequent passengers enjoy discounts from this rate.
If you are camping and catering for yourself, then prices are: $270 per driver and vehicle, and $75 per passenger.
Cancellation and refunds
Events could be cancelled or modified due to military requirements, weather conditions or unforseen logistical issues which make the running of events either unsafe or unable to be conducted on the scheduled dates and in the locations advertised. Please refer to the Payments and refunds section for details on the cancellation and refund policy.
Be the first to know:
Sign up to our email list and you’ll be the first to know about upcoming events!
[button class=”btn-Sign-up-for-updates” href=”/register/” title=”Register now” target=”blank” shape=”rounded” size=”regular” icon_only=”true” info=”tooltip” info_place=”centre” info_trigger=”hover” info_content=”Register now”] SIGN UP FOR UPDATES[/button]