OPERATION STIRLING – 4X4 TOUR SUMMER EVENT
December 2 - December 3
2nd & 3rd December 2017 Registrations will open Sept 1st 2017
Operation Stirling is named after David Stirling, the legendary leader of the SAS and leader of daring vehicle mounted raids deep in the deserts of North Africa during World War II. This event will be two days of exploring the truly unique landscape that Waiouru has to offer.
The dates shown are to be confirmed and subject always to NZ Army requirements regarding Army activities. All bookings must be made online. This guided tour is strictly limited in numbers and bookings are on a first received basis.
Accommodation and meals
There will be two options available:
- Barrack accommodation and meals: You sleep in Army barracks on Friday and Saturday night, plus receive Army cooked meals on Saturday and Sunday morning and a cooked meal on Friday and Saturday night. You will be provided with a cut lunch for Saturday and Sunday.
- Self-catering and camping: On the Sports ground just down the side road from the Army Museum and provide all your own meals. Showers and toilets will be supplied. Or you can arrange your own Off site accommodation.
Offlimits is a charitable trust and our mission is to raise money to support the health and welfare of servicemen and women. Pricing includes:
- Guides for all groups
- Radio communication between groups
- Medical support
- Access to the land
- Toilets and showers at the rugby club grounds
- Access to theMess club bar and facilities.
- Full accomodation and Food or stay offsite option
Operation Stirling prices are $365 per driver and vehicle and $160 per passenger for the fully accommodated and catered option. Subsequent passengers enjoy discounts from this rate.
If you are camping and catering for yourself, then prices are: $250 per driver and vehicle, and $60 per passenger.
The annual Kaimanawa Horse Trek and Waiouru Explorer Mountain Bike ride will be conducted the same weekend.
Cancellation and refunds
Events could be cancelled or modified due to military requirements, weather conditions or unforseen logistical issues which make the running of events either unsafe or unable to be conducted on the scheduled dates and in the locations advertised. Please refer to the Payments and refunds section for details on the cancellation and refund policy.
Be the first to know:
Sign up to our email list and you’ll be the first to know about upcoming events!SIGN UP FOR UPDATES