Most events require pre-entry (for Tussock Buster, entry can be on the day).
Preferred payment is via direct payment to the Offlimits Trust bank account by internet Banking, or via credit card – For bank to bank internet banking online. Go to credit card choice then press the button which allows internet banking via Payment express.
In certain circumstances, a paper-based entry form will be used and payment can be made via cheque or internet banking to:
PO Box 7033
Prices and payment are in NZ dollars only and are inclusive of GST (unless specifically stated as being exclusive of GST).
The Waiouru Army training area is Defence Force property and the Army has total discretion to cancel public events. Cancellation will be a last resort and, where available, an event may be modified by date or to utilise different parts of the training area. Events could potentially be cancelled or modified due to the following:
- Military training requirements.
- Change in Army and Defence Force policy relating to permitting public access to the Waiouru training area.
- Severe fire risk.
- Severe weather conditions that could cause danger to participants.
- Volcanic activity from nearby Tongariro National Park and its associated dangers.
The refund policy is as follows:
- If the event is cancelled 1-13 days prior to the scheduled start date*, then a 40%** refund will be provided.
- If a registered participant has to cancel more than 14 days prior to the scheduled start date*/**, then a Flat fee of $50 will be deducted the remainder of the entry fee will be refunded.
- If the event is cancelled (but not postponed).14 days or more prior to the scheduled start date*, then a the refund as set out in Para 2 above will apply**
- If a registered participant cancels within 14 days prior to the scheduled start date. The refund will be the registration fee less a flat fee of $150 per registrant deducted and $100 for every subsequent person under that registration. For Tussock Buster only this late cancellation fee will be $75 per registration.
- If the event has to be modified in any way due to any reason, then no refunds are payable.
- Once an event has commenced, no refunds are payable if the event has to be shortened for any reason or the participant becomes injured or his/her equipment fails.
- If the event is cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled start date*, then no refund is payable.
- If the event is Postponed and rescheduled. Then there is no refund payable.
* The scheduled start date is deemed to be 0700hrs on the first morning of the event.
** The refund amount relates to the cost of camping/riding only. It excludes the cost of any meals and merchandise already pre-paid. If these items can be on-sold or cancelled then the organisers have the power to provide a full or partial refund on these costs, depending upon the circumstances at the time.